A Vital Resource for In-Home Care
In-Home Supportive Services Public Authority of Marin (IHSS PA) is a public agency established in 2002 by the Board of Supervisors. We serve low-income older adults and persons with disabilities who qualify for In-Home Supportive Services in order to remain independent and safe in their own homes.
We work in partnership with the In-Home Supportive Services Program (IHSS), administered by Marin County Health and Human Services. We match IHSS Care Recipients with qualified Care Providers so they can live healthier, more productive lives. In-home care costs approximately one-fifth that of nursing home care, so our services save money for taxpayers as well as improve the quality of life for those we serve.
- Maintain a Registry of care providers who are prescreened and available for work.
- Provide lists of available, screened care providers to IHSS care recipients.
- Match care recipients with care providers and conduct follow-ups.
- Assist the care recipients with interviewing, hiring and supervising care providers.
- Mediate between care recipients and care providers in resolving conflicts.
- Conduct state-mandated enrollment orientations and offer additional training for care providers.
- Act as the employer of record for care providers for collective bargaining purposes.
- Administer health care benefits for care providers.
- Advocate for the needs of care recipients.
Click here for more information about in-home care eligibility.