In the middle of this crisis caused by the COVID-19, the health and safety of our recipients, care providers and staff are our highest priority. Until further notice, large group orientations are canceled. Providers are still required to make an appointment and complete the enrollment process at our offices. Please go to the bottom of this page and click on CONTINUE ENROLLMENT. You will be given the opportunity to select a time slot after you watch the State mandated videos. At this time, PA Marin is not offering on-site fingerprinting services; providers are being asked to complete this requirement on their own time. If you have any questions, please call us at (415) 499-1024. Thank you.
En medio de esta crisis causada por el COVID-19, la salud y el bienestar de los beneficiarios, los proveedores de cuidado y el personal de PA Marín es nuestra mayor prioridad. Hasta nuevo aviso, las orientaciones en grupos grandes han sido canceladas. Sin embargo, los proveedores de cuidado deben de hacer una cita y venir a nuestras oficinas a seguir el proceso de inscripción. Vaya al final de la página y haga click en donde dice CONTINUE ENROLLMENT. Usted tendrá la oportunidad de seleccionar la fecha y la hora después de que haya visto los videos obligatorios. En estos momentos, PA Marín no esta ofreciendo servicios de fingerprinting (antecedentes penales); los proveedores necesitan completar este requerimiento por su propia cuenta. Por favor llámenos al (415) 499-1024 si tiene alguna pregunta.
IHSS providers, with the exception of spouse and parent providers, are eligible for unemployment. There’s info on the central COVID-19 website at https://covid19.ca.gov/. Click on the box “Employment and Taxes”. See:
What can I do if my work hours are reduced because of COVID-19?
You can file an Unemployment Insurance claim.
CHECK-IN for orientation begins at 1:30pm and closes at 2:00pm. No exceptions. Please have your social security card and government-issued ID ready. Fingerprinting is done in the order of check-in.
Enrollment Process for IHSS Care Providers in Marin County
State law requires that all In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) Care Providers go through an enrollment process and pass a background check from the Department of Justice (DOJ) to be eligible for payment from the IHSS program. This process includes attending a two-hour orientation that covers the basics of the IHSS program and a 30-minute presentation by a Union representative.
To enroll as an IHSS Care Provider you must complete three (3) steps:
1. Visit the Enrollment website by clicking on the “Continue to Enrollment” icon at the bottom of this page. At this website you will:
- Fill in the personal information
- Watch the mandatory enrollment video
- Pick an available date to come to the IHSS Public Authority Office to attend an orientation, sign required forms, have your photo ID and Social Security card scanned and be fingerprinted (cost, $45 dollars).
IMPORTANT: The IHSS Public Authority will offer mandatory group orientations. These sessions will run approximately two hours (2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.) and they will be offered in English (First, Third and Fourth Wednesdays of every month) and Spanish (Second and Fourth Wednesdays of every month). When you reach the page that allows you to schedule an appointment, please select either the “Public Authority of Marin English Only Orientation” or “Public Authority of Marin Spanish Only Orientation” and pick the date that best accommodates your schedule. All potential IHSS Care Providers must attend this orientation; otherwise, enrollment might not be possible.
**Orientation starts exactly at 2:00 p.m. and nobody will be allowed to come in after 2:05 p.m. We recommend arriving at 1:30 p.m.
Please, no children and no pets allowed.**
2. Go to the IHSS Public Authority office on the date and time you have confirmed on the enrollment website.
- Bring your original Social Security card – copies are NOT accepted. (IMPORTANT: If your SS card has any of the following statements “NOT VALID FOR EMPLOYMENT” “VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH INS AUTHORIZATION” “VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH DHS AUTHORIZATION” please bring your work permit, green card, etc. with you.)
- Bring your current valid Driver’s License or U.S. Government issued photo ID
- If you are getting fingerprinted at the IHSS Public Authority office, bring the $45 fee using cash, debit or credit card. No personal checks are accepted.
3. It is not mandatory to be fingerprinted during the orientation; you may get fingerprinted at an outside vendor using the form given to you by the Public Authority staff during that orientation.
(NOTE: Even if you are being fingerprinted somewhere else, you must stay for the entire session except for the fingerprinting part).
Once enrolled as an IHSS Care Provider, complete the Provider Packet that you receive from your Care Recipient or their Social Worker. This must be completed before you will be mailed your first timesheet.