In the middle of this crisis caused by the COVID-19, the health and safety of our recipients, care providers and staff are our highest priority. Until further notice, large group orientations are canceled. Providers are still required to make an appointment and complete the enrollment process at our offices. Please go to the bottom of this page and click on CONTINUE ENROLLMENT. You will be given the opportunity to select a time slot after you watch the State mandated videos. At this time, PA Marin is not offering on-site fingerprinting services; providers are being asked to complete this requirement on their own time. If you have any questions, please call us at (415) 499-1024. Thank you.
En medio de esta crisis causada por el COVID-19, la salud y el bienestar de los beneficiarios, los proveedores de cuidado y el personal de PA Marín es nuestra mayor prioridad. Hasta nuevo aviso, las orientaciones en grupos grandes han sido canceladas. Sin embargo, los proveedores de cuidado deben de hacer una cita y venir a nuestras oficinas a seguir el proceso de inscripción. Vaya al final de la página y haga click en donde dice CONTINUE ENROLLMENT. Usted tendrá la oportunidad de seleccionar la fecha y la hora después de que haya visto los videos obligatorios. En estos momentos, PA Marín no esta ofreciendo servicios de fingerprinting (antecedentes penales); los proveedores necesitan completar este requerimiento por su propia cuenta. Por favor llámenos al (415) 499-1024 si tiene alguna pregunta.
Enrollment Process for IHSS Care Providers in Marin County
State law requires that all In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) Care Providers go through an enrollment process and pass a background check from the Department of Justice (DOJ) to be eligible for payment from the IHSS program.
To enroll as an IHSS Care Provider you must complete three (3) steps:
1. Visit the Enrollment website by clicking on the “Continue to Enrollment” icon at the bottom of this page. At this website you will:
- Fill in the personal information
- Watch the mandatory enrollment videos
- Pick an available date to come to the IHSS Public Authority Office to attend an enrollment appointment
**Enrollment appointments begin exactly at 1:30 p.m. First come, first served.**
**Please have your social security card and government-issued ID ready.**
**Please, no children and no pets allowed.**
2. Go to the IHSS Public Authority office on the date and time you have confirmed on the enrollment website.
- Bring your original Social Security card – copies are accepted for now. (IMPORTANT: If your SS card has any of the following statements “NOT VALID FOR EMPLOYMENT” “VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH INS AUTHORIZATION” “VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH DHS AUTHORIZATION” please bring your work permit, green card, etc. with you.)
- Bring your current valid Driver’s License or U.S. Government issued photo ID
3. You will be given a Request for LiveScan Service form and a list of authorized vendors to get fingerprinted.
- Once cleared by the DOJ, payroll takes approximately 10 days to assign a provider ID number. You may call payroll at 415-473-7487 to get your provider ID number.
- Once a provider ID number has been provided, you must register for an Electronic Time Sheet account at https://www.etimesheets.ihss.ca.gov/login
Once enrolled as an IHSS Care Provider, complete the Provider Packet that you receive from your Care Recipient or their Social Worker.
(Click the “Start” icon with the green flag to start your enrollment process)