It is our goal to help older adults and persons with disabilities to remain safe and independent in their homes. In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) provides domestic and personal care assistance to persons who qualify under the Medical program.
The following lists the steps to determine if you are eligible and to become enrolled to receive IHSS care:
- Call the County of Marin IHSS Intake Hotline 415-457-4636.
- A Social Worker will be referred to you and a home visit will be scheduled.
- The Social Worker will determine your eligibility for services. You will receive a Notice of Action, if eligible, that will state your number of authorized hours and list your authorized tasks.
- If you are using your own Care Provider, this person must become enrolled as an IHSS Care Provider with the State to be eligible to receive payment for services.
- The IHSS Public Authority can help you find a Care Provider who meets your needs if you do not already have someone helping you.
There are several criteria used to determine eligibility for In-Home Support services. You may be eligible if you:
- fall within the financial eligibility guidelines and/or receive SSI/SSP
- are blind or disabled, or age 65 plus; and
- are unable to live at home safely without help.